My desire to write came from a love of reading, which seems to be true for a lot of writers.
I tend to be drawn to books in the sci-fi/fantasy realm, but I have read books from pretty much every genre. If I had to list my favorites (notice I didn’t say my favorite singular, because that would be almost impossible to pick one), I’d have to go with the following:
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Laughter in the Dark by Vladimir Nabokov
- The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy) by Justin Cronin
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Mercury Falls (Mercury Series) by Robert Kroese
- Meg a Novel of Deep Terror by Steve Alten
Some of my favorite authors are:
As I write this post, I keep thinking of more books that are among my favorites (the Harry Potter series, The Girl on the Train, Enigma…). If I keep adding them to the list, I’ll never get this post published! So I will share those in later along with any new books I run across that I love.
Have you read any of the books listed above? What are your favorites? I love talking to people about books! 🙂